Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Using iTunes with an Android phone.

   Recently I ran into my cousin who was complaining about his iPhone.  I asked him why he didn't switch to an Android phone, His answer was he didn't want to lose all his music off iTunes.  We can't have that, so I offered to find him a way to us iTunes with an Android phone.
    I had heard of an app on sourceforge.net(I love sourceforge) a while ago so I went looking.  Searching the word iTunes on Sourceforge.net I found iTunes Agent.  It runs in the background and puts a device you setup on iTunes.  This sweet little proggy will do what he needs.
    You need iTunes on your PC, and the latest Microsoft .NET framework.  Install iTunes Agent.  Once installed open the preferences and chose the "New Device" button. I named it Android but you can call it whatever you want(maybe the name of you phone).  The "Synchronize pattern" I left as iTunes. For the "Music Location" and "Recogonize by" field I chose a folder I named Music on my phone(I'm assuming your phone is plugged in). The last field I left default, you use this to limit what gets put on if you are worried about your phone getting full.  Now I clicked "Save Device".
    Now iTunes Agent should be running in your task bar.  Right click on it and select "Synchronize devices"
this will put all music on you phone.

Preferences break-down:
click "New device"
"Name"-What you want to call device.
"Synchronize pattern"-Order of music on your device.
"Music location on device"-Folder where your music needs to be on the device.
"Recognize by folder/file"-Folder where agent will install a necessary file on the device.
"Associate with playlist"- Playlist device will sync with.
 Click "Save device"

Download iTunes Agent Here

No comments:

Post a Comment