Your Ad Here

Monday, February 8, 2010

XBOX 360 Lan Party Essentials




I have loved LAN parties for years now. My friends and I get together and stay up all night shooting. Originally we all built LAN party machines or gaming rigs just to carry around, but the gaming world has changed. Now we all have our XBOX 360 setups.


We use XBOX 360 VGA cables to hook them to monitors. I bought my cable from Amazon for under $10. Then for sound I use Turtle Beach X1 XBOX 360 headset $60, I found mine for $35 search around for a good deal. Together these two Items give you everything you need to play without a TV.


Now providing network connectivity I chose a wireless bridge. In the past we ran a wired router and a 75 foot Ethernet cable. Someone gave me an old Linksys wifi router and I used DD-WRT to flash the firmware. Once connected to the internet we party together through XBOX Live


Everyone needs to have a copy of the same game. We use gamefly to rent and plan our next games together. Then we have blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment