Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Media Server Revisted

The first time I tried using my media server the playback continuosly stopped and loaded. My spare parts server was under powered for Windows Media Player 11 and PlayOn. Whats a man to do, spend money on more memory? No BlackViper it.
BlackViper.com is a website that has mapped out the service components on windows operating systems. This is awesome because there is alot of them and you don't need most of them. But windows loads them and runs them for you anyway, Thanks windows.
I followed the directions for windows service pack 3 "tweaked", and found my windows media player 11 wasn't sharing to my PS3. I looked at the windows media component to see its dependencies(components it depends on to work properly), and found 3. I turned those three to automatic and BLAM I was in business.
Now I have save enough system resources that my play back is perfect on my PS3, without buying anything more for the machine. Thank you BlackViper.

Components to turn to Automatic.(for XP Service pack 3)
HTTP SSL
UPnP discovery service
SSDP device host
http://bbs.blackviper.com/index.php?topic=2422.0

No comments:

Post a Comment