Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pulling music off of an iPhone.

    In a previous post I told you how to use iTunes with a non apple device.  Now in the next question is how do you pull music off your iPhone if it doesn't exist on your computer.  I have found a couple of options depending on your setup.
    If your iPhone is jail-broken there is a free app called iPhonebrowser. You have to install the afc2add app from Cydia(this is for jail-broken phones only).
    The other option is a xplay. Its not a free program, but it has a 15 day trial.  This worked well for my non jail-broken iPhone.  It wouldn't let me copy the entire music folder, but I went inside the music folder and copied all those folders. 
    Now you can pull you music held hostage by Apple and put it on your Android phone...or anywhere you want it.

1 comment: